Dear Aditi,
Why did we decide to name it 'A Tale of Two States.' You live in a big city. I live in in a big city. Both being the biggest cities in our country.
I do understand that they are different states, but they are cities before the state. And I know that a very good novel is named that, a very good novel which I have yet to read. And don't get me wrong, I do love the name. I probably wouldn't change the name, but that doesn't not make it a very dumb name.
I think I started writing this because it is only recently that realised how fucking big the city is. My whole life I have only been sheltered in Bandra to Santacruz. Anything what of that, I had to be with those parents. But now I travel everywhere alone, and it is now that the stark difference between the north and the south has really shown itself. I would like to think that I am a mixture of the two, and that may be right. But if I were to chose between the north and south of the Mumbai, I would choose Delhi. Cause that's where you're at.
Welcome back for now,
Upa.
After 7 years of best friend-ship, Aditi has to move halfway across the country. Ignoring alternatives like email, texting and phone calls, we've decided that the most sensible way to keep in touch is obviously through a blog. So whether it's us talking about our lives, making each other laugh or getting something important across, join us as the tale of two states writes itself. We hope you enjoy.
Thursday, August 20, 2015
How to Live in a City
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The ending😱😍
ReplyDelete