Wednesday, June 3, 2015

How To Make Sure You Stay

Dear Aditi,
                 I feel we always feel that way in the life we are living. We are always living in the moment and to us, that moment usually is exciting. I mean, even those moment where I am mindlessly scrolling through tumblr feel likely good moments at the time because it gives me certain amount of joy seeing half-assed jokes about memes and stuff. Of course, those tumblr moments are fleeting and don't last as long as the actual moments you create while traveling and being around people you love. 
Love, I feel is something I have always had around me. I was born into a loving family who had a difficult time conveying their feeling; but then so do I.  The problem was, being around people who were so awkward to show affection made me the same. And that made it difficult for me to make friends, or rather hold on to them. Before you, I had a total of 4 'best' friends. All of whom I have no idea where they are now. The first, I left behind when I shifted from Calcutta. The second, left me and changed her city. The third, went to Delhi (Yes, I know. The irony.) And the forth, well... we just drifted apart. And then I found you. And you have been there for me, and with me, since. We have had fallouts, but we have returned to each other. And you living in Delhi, did make me feel likely history repeating itself, but this time I am going to shove it in the face of the universe and not let that happen. I refuse to lose you. And I willing do everything possible to make sure that happens.

Adamant and in love,
Upa.

No comments:

Post a Comment