Dear Aditi,
Every year, the new year rolls in and I tell myself I’m going to get my life together and every year I end up with a bigger mess in my life. Physically and mentally. So this year there are two possible outcomes, one is to just not tell myself I’m going to get it together so that I don’t have to face the probable disappointment or I could just do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result and find myself spiralling down into insanity. Well, more than I am now.
In typical Upasana fashion, I have decide to do none of these and instead my plan is let my hair grow out this year and then get it dyed gray to fully accept my old age. I mean, I have wanted gray hair for so long now and each time I’ve asked for it I’m either told I would look old with it or that it will damage my hair. What they don’t seem to be able to grasp is I really don’t care? I mean if I do have to go bald, it’s a new look. Fun Fact: I have a perfectly oval head which is apparently a positive beauty trait. But also if I go bald it will be so much fun to get people to pet my shaved head. I have some weird hobbies, I have come to realise.
Now like every first post of the year, I need to look back at the one that just ended and reminisce about it. What are the firsts this year? I think about it and really I had none. I guess it was the first time I drank without my parents around, and didn’t get drunk or do anything stupid (stupider than usual). And I became friends with my seniors, like proper friends. And I retained essential information like Namjoon's show size.
Love,
Upa.
No comments:
Post a Comment